Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Holiday thoughts

The woman on the L.A. Weight Loss commercial says, “This is me at size 14, this is me at size 4!” You can almost hear the boos and hisses when she says the number 14. Do you know what happens when a size 14 tries to lose weight? Well, I know what happens. If she’s young, and she would just about have to be to be upset about a size 14, she’ll lose down to about a size 10. Her body is programed to think feast or famine and, when she stops dieting, it compensates by storing extra weight for the next famine. She’ll enjoy her size 10 for about a month and a half. After that she’ll start regaining her weight until she’s a size 16. This process can go on indefinitely. I’ve been there and I know a lot of other woman who’ve been there too. That’s just my 2 cents for now.

My house is a mess. Okay, it’s certainly not the first time and it won’t be the last. The reason I’m bringing it up now is because all three of my children are home for the holidays. I love having them, I truly do. I’ll go to the mat with any mother that believes she loves her kids more than I love mine. That said, they’re all into physical fitness. Good for them, I’m not. They each have been strapping on Ipods and cute running sets and out the door they go. My question is, isn’t house work exercise? Couldn’t they be using all that energy to clean up the messes they are making? Am I missing something here?

No comments: